Friday, April 03, 2009

Road horrors and religion

For a long time, I was living in a very populated part of Pune where 20km/hour may be average speed of automobiles. Distance to office was less just 5.5 km. Recently shifted to some 15km from office...to a place called Wakad. And average speed in this part is 60km/hour. On some stretches there is no partition on the roads. And people drive crazily. Cabwallah change their lane and I find with my poor bike going for a head-on collision.

Just day before yesterday, I was driving at some 60km/hr on empty road, a truck came from opposite direction driving almost on my lane. I couldn't figure it out for a long time, as it's right side headlight was not working.

Now, I have started believing in Gods even more. Everyday, at least once I feel anything can happen. India needs major transformation in Road safety standards, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home